The overall fundamentals in luxury housing are stable and strong, according to the highly anticipated 2018 edition of “The Report” presented by the Coldwell Banker Global Luxury® program.
Released at the beginning of each year, The Report is a comprehensive guide to high-end property buying and selling, covering annual trends, statistics, demographics and analysis from a wide range of vantage points. For the very first time, The Report brings together a powerful knowledge base provided by local market experts affiliated with the Coldwell Banker® brand and leading luxury insiders from The Institute for Luxury Home Marketing, Wealth-X, Unique Homes and others.
Here is a snapshot of what’s inside The Report for 2018:
- “Year in Review”: Significant Trends and Insights of 2017 – The Institute for Luxury Home Marketing analyzed median sales prices, number of sales, median sales-price-to-list-price ratios, median days on market and price per square foot in the top 5% and 10% of nearly 50 U.S. luxury metro areas — dubbed “Power Markets” — to identify key trends coming out of 2017.
- 2017 Landmark Listings – The editors of Unique Homes compiled the year’s noteworthy residential listings across the globe ahead of their May/June 2018 “Ultimate Homes” issue.
- Ultra-High-Net-Worth Growth – The rise and diversification of property ownership among ultra-high-net-worth individuals, according to Wealth-X.
- Top Luxury Property Must-Haves – A collection of the most-wanted luxury property attributes and amenities as curated by the Institute for Luxury Home Marketing.
- Power Markets: A Comparison of U.S. Luxury Metro Areas – The Institute for Luxury Home Marketing analyzed median sales prices, number of sales, median sales-price-to-list-price ratios, median days on market and median price-per-square foot in the top 5% and 10% of nearly 50 U.S. luxury metro areas, identified as “Power Markets” — the destinations where the wealthiest and most powerful players tend to own property.
- Luxury Buyer and Seller Markets to Watch – The Institute for Luxury Home Marketing examined metrics such as sales-price-to-list-price ratios, median days on market, median list price and inventory to determine five buyer markets and five seller markets to watch.
- Domestic Spotlight: What Defines Luxury in U.S. Resort, Vertical, Lifestyle and Evolving Markets? – What are the most important emotional and financial considerations for affluent homebuyers when making a purchase decision? The Institute for Luxury Home Marketing took a look at 12 distinct locales across four key market types — resort, vertical, lifestyle and evolving — and some of the leading indicators used to determine their desirability.
- International Spotlight: The Most Desirable Cities for Real Estate – Based on a recent report from Wealth-X, five global cities were analyzed for luxury real estate desirability.
This article originally published on Coldwell Banker’s Luxury site.