In case you didn’t know, senior housing is something I’m passionate about. My drive goes beyond simply helping seniors find a home in Portland, but to be part of finding a lasting solution. This has allowed me to learn about Portland senior living options, and in this article I’d like to share a few of the standout groups I’ve encountered:
- Mission: Northwest Pilot Project offers opportunities for a life of dignity and hope to very low income seniors in Multnomah County by solving housing and transportation needs.
- Mission: REACH’s mission is to create quality, affordable housing and opportunities for individuals, families and communities to thrive.
- Mission: To succeed in life, everyone needs a place to call home. Northwest Housing Alternatives builds new homes and new opportunities for seniors, families and people with special needs across Oregon.
- Mission: Bridge Meadows has the mission of developing and sustaining intergenerational neighborhoods for adoptive families of foster children that promote permanency, community and caring relationships, while offering save and meaningful purpose in the daily lives of older adults.
- Mission: A community built on the principles of cohousing, an intentional community of proactive adults.
- A home builder offering multigenerational floor plans for homes in the Portland area.
- A website dedicated to information about “accessory dwellings” for homes – multigenerational homes, laneway houses, ADUs, granny flats, in-law units, etc.
The options for Portland senior living have changed, and there’s more still to come. I hope you find this list of resources for Portland senior housing useful. If you have more questions, feel free to reach out. I’m excited to see what’s to come in the future as our society looks at housing our seniors!