It’s easy to enjoy senior living in Portland. The City of Roses is teeming with life and activities for all ages, certainly not excluding senior citizens. I’ve enjoyed researching the senior activities available in Portland, and can’t wait to share them with you! Below you’ll find a list of what I found, including links to more information when available:
- Portland Parks and Recreation works hard to offer recreataional, educational, and wellness opportunities for Portland’s 60+ citizens. Learn more and download the extensive Senior Recreation Guide here.
- Portland State University’s Senior Adult Learning Center allows Oregon residents to audit classes free of tuition charges. Get more information on their website here.
- The Elsie Stuhr Center in Beaverton is a recreation center specifically for adults 55+, offering recreation, activities, and social enrichment. Classes, trips, tours, and drop-in activities are all on the calendar. Find out more on the website.
- The Hollywood Senior Center has two locations in North and Northeast Portland. They offer a wide range of seminars, classes, activities, support, and encouragement for seniors. See the full schedule here.
- Elders in Action is a unique organization offering advocacy and support to seniors, from seniors. Learn more about the organization on their website.
- Urban Excursions offers activities and outings for seniors in all stages of aging. Find out more about their services here.
In addition to the activities and resources above, here are a few more websites worth paying attention to where you’ll find listings of events and activities for seniors in Portland:
- Seniors Resource Guide offers a Portland-specific roundup of events and resources.
- This website offers a Guide to Senior Discounts at major stores so you know when to shop!
Additionally, local communities of faith can often be intentional about developing an intentional community for senior citizens and may be a good place to find socialization and fun. If you have any other suggestions of places that didn’t make the list, I would love for you to leave a comment and let me know!